Friday, July 9, 2010

MAGGIE MEI LEWIS - Spotlight Party Guest



Please welcome Maggie Mei Lewis, author of Moonlight Memoirs

I am please to have a wonderful copy of her book. My 6 yr old loves the pictures and poetic style of this book. I'm honored she is visiting us. This awesome picture is Maggie holding her IBPA award for her book. To think, at 13yrs she wrote a book, found her own Illustrator and started a publishing company with the help of her mother. An amazing young person that shows that thinking outside of the box can grant you riches beyond your imagination.

How are you diggin the party?
It's really cool, and I can't wait to see all the different books and authors featured! The Pack was an awesome book!

Tell me about yourself?
I am 16, and the author of Moonlight Memoirs the children's book. I wrote it when I was 13. I found my own illustrator, Melody Lea Lamb, on eBay. We had fun working together - I'd give her the words from the book for the illustration and some guidelines for what I wanted. Then, Melody would interpret the words into her beautiful illustrations!

Are you in the book business? What do you do?
My parents started a book publishing business, Good Times Press, and my book, Moonlight Memoirs, is their first published book.

Have you read any of LM Preston’s books? Say something smashingly great about LM Preston or her books.
I read the Pack, after meeting LM Preston at the Key School Bookfair. She is a kind, wonderful person, and her books are very alluring. Once you start reading, you can't put it down!

What are you currently working on?
I have been busy promoting Moonlight Memoirs, and trying to get it out there and noticed by more people. There's so much stuff to do, that I hadn't even realized existed. It's been an interesting experience and I keep learning more new things.

Big things in your future?
I hope to write another book, when the inspiration comes to me.
Maggie’s Blog: http://maggiemeilewis.blogspot.com/
Follow her on Twitter: Click here
Read her book:



GET YOUR PARTY FAVORS! CLICK HERE and send your contact information to the publisher for your freebies. Go to the PARTY BLOG click here

No comments:

Post a Comment